f the movie doesn’t play or if it plays slowly or with interruptions, here a a few quick tricks. If the first one doesn’t work, try the next.
If the movie doesn’t show up and you just get a black screen:
- Reload the web page and start the movie again.
- Click somewhere in the player and then move the timebar to the right so the movie reloads
If the movie is choppy and plays with interruptions
- Pause the movie for a little while. Then press play again.
- Click somewher in the player window so you see the video controls. Then choose “Normal” quality. Then click “Settings” and uncheck the box for “smoothing”.
Good to know:
We recommend a stable network connection of 3.5 Mbit/s to watch movies on Voddler. Watching movies does work with a slower connection, but the problems described above might then appear at times. You can check your internet connection on bredbandskollen or speedtest.
Also: Make sure that your computer and broadband connection meets Voddler’s general Technical Requirements.
If none of the above helps, please contact our Customer Support.
To find a movie you saw earlier on Voddler, go to your History-page and find it:
- Login to Voddler
- Click the “History”-tab at the top of the page.
To continue where you stopped watching:
- Just start the movie.
- Voddler asks you if you want to continue where you stopped or if you want to start from the beginning
Hey, I rented a movie, but the video player crashed. I have reloaded the movie page again and now I want to continue watching the movie. Do I really have to rent the movie again?
No, you don’t. As long as your rental period (either 24 or 48 hours) is active, you can just click PLAY on the movie and continue watching.
Everyone can create an account on Voddler (as long as you’re in one of the countries where we are open) – and it’s free.
Watching ad-funded PLAY-movies on Voddler is also completely free.
Our RENT-movies do cost to watch, but you rent them individually and only pay for the actual movies you see.
Hey, do I need an invite to register an account?
No, you don’t. In some countries, before we launch the service publicly, we run a pilot phase where only invited users can access Voddler. We’re currently not in pilot phase in any market, so Voddler is open for everyone to use.
If you’ve forgotten your username or your password on Voddler, here’s how to get them back:
To get your username or the email adress you registered with:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your first and last name and your date of birth in the email.
- They’ll revert with further instructions.
To get your password:
- Go to our website, click ”Login”
- Click ”Forgot password”
- Fill in your e-mailaddress and click “Send”
- An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to “reset password”. Click on the link. You will receive a second e-mail with your new password.
Once you have logged in with your new password, you can change it to your own personal password by clicking “My account” and ”Edit account”.
There are several ways to pay for your rental movie. Depending on which country you are in the options might differ, but in general we offer
- Credit Card payments
- SMS/mobile phone payments
- Voddler Tickets
If you pay with a credit card or a debit card, we give you the option to save the card information, so you don’t have to enter it again next time. This is optional.